Welcome to HomeAutoForum - Home Automation Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need help replacing old intercom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

silencespr

silencespr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey guys, my new place has an old style intercom and it has some kind of noise always coming from the speaker so i decided i want to replace it with a video camera or video intercom. Can someone help me if it is possible to use the wiring, because my door bell for intercom is down 15 stairs. 

Here is some pictures of what i have: 

2yp15vr.jpg

1zeh9fs.jpg

Sagacious

Sagacious

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Hey guys, my new place has an old style intercom and it has some kind of noise always coming from the speaker so i decided i want to replace it with a video camera or video intercom. Can someone help me if it is possible to use the wiring, because my door bell for intercom is down 15 stairs. 

Here is some pictures of what i have: 

2yp15vr.jpg

1zeh9fs.jpg

That looks interesting. In order to do most video, you'll need a cat cable. Is it possible to fish wire there?

silencespr

silencespr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

That looks interesting. In order to do most video, you'll need a cat cable. Is it possible to fish wire there?

i will be using wifi, i want to know if that is enough to give power to video doorbell. 

Sagacious

Sagacious

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

i will be using wifi, i want to know if that is enough to give power to video doorbell. 

Looks like you have some power wires there, so yes, that should be more than enough. We just don't know if that's crossed with 120V, or something with 12V power. You might want to take a multi-meter to them first... I can't tell if those are neutrals/grounds or what..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users