Welcome to HomeAutoForum - Home Automation Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Omnistat 2?

omnistat homeauto home automation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nesla

Nesla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I just installed my new Omnistat 2, and all the connections are correct; setup is correct - multistage conventional (Trane 20xi).

When the thermostat is on heat, the AC blows heat.

When the thermostat is on hot, the AC system blows heat.

The original thermostat worked without any problems (switched for humidity settings). 

Anyone know?

Sagacious

Sagacious

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

You should check the wiring on the thermostat to make sure it's wired correctly.. Possibly W1 and Y1, and make sure it's not shorting.

Disconnect Y1 (cool), and see if the system runs when you have it in "cool" mode. It shouldn't, but maybe the fan can kick on. If it produces heat, the thermostat might be defective.

You may have to check Y1 or W1 depending on the number of stages in your HVAC system. 

Home Automation

Home Automation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I just installed my new Omnistat 2, and all the connections are correct; setup is correct - multistage conventional (Trane 20xi).

When the thermostat is on heat, the AC blows heat.

When the thermostat is on hot, the AC system blows heat.

The original thermostat worked without any problems (switched for humidity settings). 

Anyone know?

You might have the wires mixed up as mentioned above. Double check it, and also make sure you're using the correct wires based on your HVAC system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omnistat, homeauto, home automation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users