Welcome to HomeAutoForum - Home Automation Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone have experience with HDMI to coax adapters?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

lee552

lee552

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
So I have an older house built before HDMI.  In my familyroom is a fireplace with a TV area on one side and audio area on the other.  All the speakers in the house run to the audio area.  So on the TV side I have HDMI for my TV, but my challenge is getting this to the other side with my receiver.  Run between the two are two RG6 cables. So the thought was to use a HDMI to coax adapter on one side and coax to HDMI on the other. I just care about audio and will use an HDMI splitter on the TV side.  Its only a distance of 5 or 6 feet.

Anyone every try anything like this? 

Home Automation

Home Automation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Often. It's doable but hopefully you have RG6QS.

You also need to know what HDMI you're sending and the resolution. It's all doable, but sometimes it becomes the law of diminishing returns compared to running a cable and any wall repair.

Sagacious

Sagacious

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts
HDMI and conversion never goes smoothly.  Lots of things "ought to be" possible, but most end up as a hair-pulling waste of time and money. 

Is there NO chance of running HDMI directly?  Up/down/over/through... what kinds of walls/floors/ceilings are involved here?  Is there baseboard?  Carpet?  There's a lot of HDMI cabling options available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TanjaParha