Welcome to HomeAutoForum - Home Automation Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4 Wire Smokes

smoke detector wire 4 wire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sagacious

Sagacious

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

The thing to remember with smokes, is that there are some laws in place that can limit people. Some states require a license for the person who installs them. That being said, you literally would have  to get your license to install, or pay someone to do it for you. That's where it gets tricky.

The wire you should be using is 18/4 (fire wire).

ashash

ashash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yeah, I actually ran into this problem with my home. Glad you explained this. Definently a pain when trying to do things.

Sagacious

Sagacious

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Yeah, I actually ran into this problem with my home. Glad you explained this. Definently a pain when trying to do things.

Yeah, it can be a huge pain. Either way, it will get taken care of, but like I said, some states require someone certified to install them. At that point, it gets fairly annoying to deal with. So just a heads up for everyone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: smoke detector, wire, 4 wire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users